I prefer this salad just as it is but if you have a meat eater you could add grilled chicken or steamed shrimp and still keep in healthy!
- * 1 cup dry orzo noodle (use gluten free noodle, if required)
- * 1 bunch asparagus, tough end removed and
- * 2 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- * 1 -1 1/2 cup tomato, diced
- * 1/2 cup crumbled feta or chevre cheese (substitute with a vegan
- cheese for a vegan salad)
- * 1/4 cup walnut
- * 2 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or basil
- * 3 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- * 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- * salt
- Prepare orzo per package instructions. Set aside to cool.
- Blanch the asparagus in a pot of boiling water for 2 minutes. Remove and put into ice water.
- In a large bowl combine the orzo, cooled and drained asparagus, spinach, tomatoes, feta, walnuts, dill, lemon juice, and oil. Season with salt and pepper and serve.