Healthy Fall Salad Recipe with sweet potatoes, mixed greens, cranberries, quinoa, and pecans plus an easy orange thyme vinaigrette. All oil-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, and vegan 🙂
Super clean healthy version (shown in the video)
2-3 cups mixed greens
1 small- medium sweet potato
1/4 cup quinoa
1/2 cup water
3 tbsp pecans (or more if you want)
3 tablespoons dried cranberries (or more if you want)
Orange Thyme Vinaigrette
2 tbsp orange juice
1 tbsp white rice wine vinegar
1/2 tbsp maple syrup or agave
1 spring fresh thyme or 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
salt + pepper to taste
To make this a little more fun, you could:
1. Roast the sweet potatoes! I love roasting them on parchment paper with cinnamon, nutmeg, rosemary, salt, and pepper. A touch of olive oil or vegan butter can be used to roast or you can do it dry.
2. You can also caramelize the sweet potatoes by steaming them, then baking them with 1 tsp of melted vegan butter like Earth Balance, mixed with brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and pepper until they’re a slightly golden brown.
3. Add fresh chopped apples.
4. To add a bit more flavor to the quinoa you could add a splash of apple cider vinegar and salt to the water and dry quinoa mixture before cooking.
5. You could also season the cooked quinoa with a tiny touch of vegan butter and some salt and pepper.
6. Orange zest and more maple syrup can be added to change the flavor of the dressing. Orange zest will give it a stronger orange flavor. More maple syrup will make it sweeter but be sure to add salt and pepper to balance the sweetness.
7. Finally, some good old fashioned cranberry sauce can be added to the top of this salad for some extra Fall flavor 🙂
Let me know if you try this recipe by tagging me in a picture on Instagram!
More Fall Recipes:
VEGAN Apple Pie Pancakes (oil-free) www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldZNNLXjqgU
Other videos you might like:
Watch my Morning Routine: www.youtube.com/watch?v=65jH5NXiP_s
Vegan Cookie Taste Test with Dani: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt1W0ANrs1o
When the Person You’re Dating Doesn’t Share Your Belief’s: www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLSKHtIv54A
The Reason You Always Feel Tired + Have No Energy: www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-Jd_YkqQOw
Meal Prep with Me: www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XS1LFD8g5s
What I Ate Today: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElWCNsVx2rI
Make sure you’re subscribed to my YouTube channel to keep up with my future videos! It’s free. All you have to do is click subscribe!
Also please give this video a thumbs up if you liked it! It helps more people find my channel and also tells me that you like these kinds of videos 🙂
Thank you for taking the time to watch my videos! I hope they make you smile 🙂 What video should I do next? Let me know what you want to see!
Music via YouTube Audio Library