Dinner ready in just 30 minutes! These California- style, hearty black bean burgers are made easily in a skillet.
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans with cumin and chili spices, undrained
- 1 can (4.5 ounces) Old El Paso® chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup Progresso® plain dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons canola or soybean oil
- 5 whole wheat hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 1/4 cups shredded lettuce
- 3 tablespoons Old El Paso® chunky-style salsa
- Place beans in food processor or blender. Cover and process until slightly mashed; remove from food processor. Mix beans, chilies, bread crumbs and egg in medium bowl. Shape mixture into 5 patties, about 1/2 inch thick. Coat each patty with cornmeal.
- Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Cook patties in oil 10 to 15 minutes, turning once, until crisp and thoroughly cooked on both sides.
- Spread bottom halves of buns with mayonnaise. Top with lettuce, patties, salsa and top halves of buns.