Healthy high-protein avocado tuna salad sandwiches with fiber-rich black beans, tomatoes and cilantro! This recipe takes 5 minutes to make and is a wonderful, healthy no-cook lunch!
- * 1/2 large avocado, mashed
- * 1 can genova yellowfin tuna in olive oil, drained
- * 1/2 cup black bean (salt free or low sodium, preferred)
- * 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- * 10 grape tomato, halved
- * juice from 1/2 lemon (a lime will also work)
- * 1/4 teaspoon salt
- * freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- * 2 slice sprouted, gluten free or whole grain bread (can also use
- lettuce wrap)
- * 2 tablespoon goat cheese crumble
- In a large bowl, mash avocado. Fold in tuna then add in the following: cilantro, tomato halves, lime/lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Toast bread and spoon tuna salad on top. Garnish with extra cilantro and goat cheese. Enjoy! Makes 2 open faced sandwiches.