This vegan Vietnamese salad roll recipe is perfect for summer and super easy! In this video, I combine the traditional salad roll fillings (rice vermicelli, lettuce, cucumbers, and mung bean sprouts) with creamy avocado, crisp bell pepper slices, and tangy sweet mango. The result is a burst of summery goodness in each bite. Does that sound like a commercial? Are you convinced?
For the the rolls, I used:
– 3 rice wrappers,
– about 1 cup of rice vermicelli,
– about 1 cup of well rinsed and drained mung bean sprouts,
– 9 thin slices of cucumber,
– a few slices of carrot, sweet yellow bell peppers, and mango,
– and a few leaves of romaine lettuce
For the peanut sauce, I combined:
– 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter (you can use almond, cashew, other nut/pea butters or even hummus),
– about 1 teaspoon of hoisin sauce (check the ingredients to make sure it’s vegan; some contain honey and shrimp paste),
– 1 clove of garlic,
– 1/2 teaspoon salt (you can sub liquid aminos, soy sauce, or miso paste),
– 1 tablespoon garlic chili sauce,
– 1 teaspoon brown sugar,
– and a couple tablespoons of water
For more of a tangy punch, you can also add lime juice and/or rice wine vinegar instead of water. I never make peanut sauce exactly the same way twice. Don’t be afraid to experiment and make it your own.
For more ingredient and dipping sauce ideas, check out my blog post: www.marystestkitchen.com/pretend-like-summer-vegan-vietnamese-salad-rolls/
Connect with me on:
Check out www.marystestkitchen.com for more frequent vegan recipes, crafts, DIY ideas, and other randomness.