Enjoy beets, apple, and celery on a bed of greens topped with a balsamic dressing and sprinkled with gorgonzola. Feta or blue cheese would also work here if you prefer.
- 1 small bunch beets
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup chopped apple
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 8 cups salad greens
- Pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp. chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Steam raw beets in water in saucepan until tender (20 minutes). Slip off skins. Rinse to cool. Slice in ½” rounds.
- In a medium bowl, toss beets with red wine vinegar. Add apples and celery. Toss together.
- In a large bowl, combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and water. Add salad greens and toss.
- Put greens onto individual salad plates. Top with sliced beet mixture. Sprinkle with pepper, walnuts, and cheese.