“This high-protein dish makes a great side to any main course, or even a complete meal.”
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black olives, drained and sliced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 (5 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, or more if needed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, or more to taste
- Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender and the water has been absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Combine garbanzo beans, black olives, corn, tuna, spinach, tomatoes, olive oil, and cilantro in a large bowl; stir to coat. Stir in quinoa. Refrigerate salad to allow flavors to blend, 2 hours to overnight. Serve chilled.