A full-flavoured, tender piece of beef with a creamy dressing, salty anchovies and crisp, peppery rocket
- 140.0g bean sprouts
- 10 anchovies , rinsed and torn
- 200.0ml Caesar salad dressing (see recipe, below)
- Parmesan shavings, to serve
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 200.0g bag rocket
- 1.0kg sirloin roasting joint
- Heat the barbecue or griddle pan to medium-high and oven to 200C/180C fan/ gas 6. Oil the beef, season generously, then griddle or barbecue, fat-side down, for 5 mins until well crusted and dark. Turn the meat and sear on all other sides, turning it every 2 mins or so until charred all over. If you’re using a griddle, spoon out any excess fat if you need to. Transfer the pan to the oven or move the beef to a cooler part of the barbecue, then cook for 25 mins. Rest for 30 mins. In the meantime, make the dressing (see recipe below), then set it aside in the fridge.
- Thinly slice the beef and lay the slices over a large platter. Mix together the rocket, beansprouts and torn anchovies, mix with 100ml of the dressing, then throw the salad over the meat. Drizzle with more dressing, scatter over Parmesan shavings and serve with bread or new potatoes.