- * 2 -3 spring onion (scallions)
- * 2 carrot
- * 1 potato
- * 1/2 cup of finely sliced green bean or 1/2 cup of pea
- * 1 granny smith apple
- * 5 tbsp mayonnaise
- * 1 tbsp salad cream (optional)
- * 1/3 tsp sugar
- * pinch of white pepper, black pepper and garlic powder
- * salt to taste
- Bring to boil some salted water in a pan. Slice 2 – 3 spring onions. Peel and dice 2 carrots, 1 potato (refer to photo to see how I sliced the potato) and finely slice ½ cup of green beans (or use ½ cup of peas). Peel and slice the apple later.
- Add the diced carrots and sliced potatoes to the pan and boil for 4 minutes. Add the green beans/peas after 4 minutes and boil for another 4 minutes till bright green. Check the potatoes and carrots are cooked before removing from the stove top.
- In the meantime in a clean bowl add 5 tbsp of mayonnaise, 1 tbsp of salad cream, ⅓ tsp of sugar, a pinch of white pepper, black pepper, garlic powder and salt to taste (I eyeballed the amount and used roughly ⅓ – ½ tsp).
- Drain the boiled vegetables and allow to cool completely (leave them in a bowl of cold water to speed up the process).
- Peel and slice the apple AFTER you have made the dressing otherwise it will brown if left exposed to the air. Slice in the same manner as the potato, add to the dressing immediately.
- Add all the remaining ingredients once cooled and mix to coat in the mayonnaise dressing.
- Enjoy as a side to your favourite dish!