This mildly tangy bean salad is delightfully refreshing, high in fiber and protein and relatively low fat. Great for lunch in whole wheat mini pita (to which I add thinly sliced avocado and mild provolone cheese). My husband loved this! I only eat half a mini pita. Note serving size for the bean salad is calculated for 4.Adaptation wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/531
- * Carrots, raw, 0.50 cup, chopped (remove)
- * Parsley, 1.50 cup (remove)
- * Water, tap, 0.50 fl oz (remove)
- * Chickpeas (garbanzo beans), 2.50 cup (remove)
- * Vinegar, Apple Cider, 1 tbsp (remove)
- * mustard, German, 1 tsp (remove)
- * Green Onion (1 Green Onion), 0.50 cup (remove)
- * Soy Sauce – Low Sodium – Kikkoman, 1 tbsp (remove)
- * Sesame tahini (sesame butter), 1 tbsp (remove)
- Rinse beans thoroughly.
- Combine liquid ingredients: apple cider vinegar, low sodium soy sauce (or tamari), mustard, sesame tahini, 3 Tbls water in bowl.
- Add garbanzo or cannellini beans, thinly sliced green onions, grated carrots, diced (or halved cherry) tomatoes and fresh chopped parsley (more is more here!).
- Let marinate for 15 minutes or more at room temperature.
- I fill toasted whole wheat mini pita bread halves with 1/2 slice mild provolone cheese and thinly sliced avocado (not included in ingredients list or nutritional calculations).
- ENJOY! Surprisingly refreshing – don't eat too much of it!!