Healthy, high protein, easy to make recipe. I prefer to make this salad with pear and raw nuts, it gives it full fruity taste. The recipe was adapted from Oxygen May’09 magazine.
- Tuna Canned, in water, 1 can=5oz
- Pears, fresh, 1/2 medium
- Onions, raw, 1/4 cup, chopped
- Walnuts, 1 oz ( 1/4 cup in pieces)
- Lemon juice, 1 tbsp
- Low Fat Mayonnaise, 2 tbsp
- Black pepper
- Makes 2 1-cup servings.
- Drain the tuna, break it in bite-size pieces. Add ground black pepper.
- Chop onion and walnuts, cut pear in cubes.
- Mix mayo and lemon juice.
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix all together.
- Chill the salad before serving. Serve on a lettuce leaf.