Make this colourful and easy Jamie Oliver salad recipe and serve with cajun chicken pieces. Cook & Save with Jamie Oliver.
Get Jamie Oliver salad recipe & shop ingredients online: XXXXXXXX
Whacking all your dressing ingredients into a jam jar and giving it a good shake up is a dead simple way to make a great dressing. Plus, if you have any leftovers they’ll easily keep in the fridge for another day. If you can’t get your hands on herb vinegar use white wine vinegar instead, just throw some finely chopped soft herbs into the dressing for an injection of flavour.
Serves: 4 to 6
1⁄2 a red onion
1⁄2 a cucumber
2 ripe tomatoes
1-2 cos lettuce
1 red or green eating apple
extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon herb vinegar (see tip below)
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons sunflower or pumpkin seeds
2 tablespoons poppy seeds
optional: Created with Jamie
Crunchy Cajun Chicken Pieces
1. Get yourself a big chopping board and a large sharp knife. Peel and roughly slice the onion, trim and slice the radishes then peel and roughly slice the carrots. Slice up the cucumber and tomatoes. Bring everything into the centre of the board and keep chopping and mixing together until all the veg is all roughly the same size.
2. Click off and discard the tatty outer leaves from the lettuces, separate the leaves and chop the lettuce leaves into the vegetables, then scoop everything into a bowl. Cut the apple into matchsticks, then add to the bowl and toss well.
3. To make the dressing, measure 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a clean jam jar. Add 1 tablespoon of herb vinegar and season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper, then secure the lid and give it a good shake.
4. Place a small dry frying pan over a medium heat, add the sunflower or pumpkin seeds and keep them moving until golden and toasted.
5. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss to coat, then sprinkle over the toasted seeds and poppy seeds. Delicious served as is, or with Created with Jamie Crunchy Cajun chicken pieces for a more substantial option.
Remember to subscribe to the Woolworths YouTube channel for more delicious recipe ideas each week: www.youtube.com/channel/UCr94-HE29as1D5dbk5T4f5Q
Watch more great Jamie Oliver recipe videos in the Jamie Oliver video playlist: www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZ-CbFpL2a-sVbqKW5Ipu3stK37gdc-U_