The sophisticated flavours in this quick and colourful salad are sure to impress. Very high in fibre and packed with protein, this makes a delicious side or a substantial meal on its own.
- 1 pkg (225 g) Quinoa
- ½ cup (125 mL) Edamame
- 2/3 cup (250 mL) dried cranberries
- Half small red onion, diced
- ½ cup (125 mL) diced sweet red pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp (25 mL) olive oil
- ½ tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- In small saucepan, bring 2 cups (500 mL) water to a boil. Stir in quinoa. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Rinse under cold water and drain.
- Add frozen edamame to 1 cup (250 mL) of boiling water; lower heat and let simmer 3 to 4 minutes. Drain. Rinse under cold water; drain.
- In large bowl, stir together quinoa, edamame, cranberries, red onion and red pepper. In small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, mustard and salt; pour over quinoa and toss to coat.
- Serving Size: Makes 4 servings