LENTIL SPINACH SALAD
* 1 lightly packed cup of baby spinach leaves
* ⅓ cup Red onion, diced
* ⅓ cup Cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
* 1/2 cup Cucumber, chopped
* 1/2 cup Radish
* ⅓ cup Carrots
* ⅓ cup Walnuts
* ⅓ cup Dried apricots
* ⅓ cup Green olives, pitted and sliced
* 1 cup Boiled lentils
* Mint leaves, chopped
* Crumbled feta cheese
For spicy cumin dressing:
* Olive oil
* Lime juice
* Red chili powder
* Cumin powder
* Garlic salt
1. To cook the lentils: Pour the lentils into a fine-mesh colander and rinse under running water, then dump the lentils into a medium saucepan. Add the water and bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat.
2. Reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the lentils are tender, about 25 to 35 minutes. Then, drain the lentils and return them to the pot to cool for about 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium serving bowl, combine the spinach, red onion, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, radish, walnuts, dried apricots, olives, boiled lentils and mint leaves. Set aside.
4. To prepare the dressing, combine all of the ingredients in a small jar. Cover and shake until thoroughly blended.
5. Pour dressing over salad and top with crumbled feta cheese. Serve.
#spinachlentilsaladwithspicydressing #recipe #spicydressingrecipe #vegetarian #vegan #salad #sozestyrecipes