Chopped Veggie Salad with Pasta and Creamy Cauliflower Dressing – Click SHOW MORE for the Full Recipe
Whether you are a beginner or a veteran, these whole-food, plant-based recipes are for you.
Find our extensive recipe archive here ▸ www.forksoverknives.com/recipes/
Download top-rated Plant-Based recipe app today ▸ www.forksoverknives.com/app/
SUBSCRIBE to Forks Over Knives ▸ www.youtube.com/user/ForksOverKnives?sub_confirmation=1
TURN ON NOTIFICATIONS 🛎
For the salad
-6 ounces dry whole-grain elbow macaroni
-2 cups green beans, cut into ½-inch dice (12 ounces)
-2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into ½-inch dice (1 cup)
-2 cups chopped romaine lettuce (½-inch pieces)
-1 cup roughly chopped red cabbage
-1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
-½ cup red onion, cut into ¼-inch dice
-¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
-2 whole pepperoncini, sliced (optional)
For the dressing
-1 cup 1-inch raw cauliflower florets (about 4 ounces)
-¼ cup almond flour
-3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
-1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
-1 teaspoon garlic powder
-½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
-¼ teaspoon yellow mustard
-¼ teaspoon sea salt
-⅛ teaspoon dried marjoram
-Freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook according to package directions. Five minutes before you expect the pasta to be done, add green beans and carrots to the pot. Return water to a boil, and continue to cook until pasta and veggies are tender. Drain and transfer pasta, green beans, and carrots to a large serving bowl.
2. To make the dressing, in a blender, combine the cauliflower, almond flour, nutritional yeast, vinegar, garlic, Italian seasoning, mustard, salt, marjoram, pepper, and 1 cup of water. Blend 5 to 7 minutes or until smooth.
3. Transfer the dressing to a saucepan and cook on medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes to thicken. Remove pan from heat and let dressing cool.
4. Add the dressing, lettuce, cabbage, tomatoes, and onion to the pasta mixture, and toss to coat.
5. Garnish with parsley and pepperoncini (if using) right before serving.