How to Make a Vegan Chickpea “No Tuna” Salad Sandwich – Click SHOW MORE for the Full Recipe
Whether you are a beginner or a veteran, these whole-food, plant-based recipes are for you.
Find our extensive recipe archive here ▸ www.forksoverknives.com/recipes/
Download top-rated Plant-Based recipe app today ▸ www.forksoverknives.com/app/
SUBSCRIBE to Forks Over Knives ▸ www.youtube.com/user/ForksOverKnives?sub_confirmation=1
TURN ON NOTIFICATIONS ?
Full Recipe Here ▸ www.forksoverknives.com/recipes/vegan-no-tuna-salad-sandwich/
For the Salad
– 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
– 3 tablespoons tahini
– 1 teaspoon Dijon or spicy brown mustard
– 1 tablespoon maple syrup or agave nectar
– ¼ cup diced red onion
– ¼ cup diced celery
– ¼ cup diced pickle
– 1 teaspoon capers, drained and loosely chopped
– Healthy pinch each sea salt and black pepper
– 1 tablespoon roasted unsalted sunflower seeds (optional)
– 8 slices whole-wheat bread
– Dijon or spicy brown mustard
– Romaine lettuce
– Tomato, sliced
– Red onion, sliced
– Place the chickpeas in a mixing bowl and mash with a fork, leaving only a few beans whole.
– Add tahini, mustard, maple syrup, red onion, celery, pickle, capers, salt and pepper, and sunflower seeds (if using) to mixing bowl. Mix to incorporate. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
– Toast bread if desired, and prepare any other desired sandwich toppings (such as lettuce, tomato, and onion).
– Scoop a healthy amount of the chickpea mixture (about ½ cup) onto one slice of bread, add desired toppings and top with second slice of bread. – – Repeat for additional sandwiches.
FOLLOW FORKS OVER KNIVES ON SOCIAL MEDIA
EXPLORE MORE ABOUT FORKS OVER KNIVES
Homepage ▸ www.forksoverknives.com/
The Film ▸ www.forksoverknives.com/the-film/
#1 Plant-Based Vegan Meal Planner ▸ www.forksoverknives.com/meal-planner/
Cooking Course ▸ www.forksoverknives.com/cooking-course/
Top-Rated Plant-Based Recipe App ▸ www.forksoverknives.com/app/
Books & Magazines ▸ www.forksoverknives.com/books-magazines/
About Forks Over Knives’ Recipe:
Forks Over Knives recipes and articles are created by a large community of chefs, authors, doctors, and other health professionals representing an array of specialties, from preventive and lifestyle medicine to nutrition, cardiology, psychology, and more.