Lime Cumin Grilled Chicken Salad with Avocado and Mango Salsa. An incredible combination of bold flavours in one delicious and very healthy dinner salad.
This is a fantastic summer salad using a simple marinade for your grilled chicken. It also takes advantage of the mango salsa recipe previously featured on the blog.
I’ve included it here again as well. I love avocado with this salad but it’s your choice to include it.
Cumin is Spouse’s favourite spice and includes it in her soup recipes sometimes. The combination with lime here works incredibly well.
Originally published on: June 15, 2008.
NOTE: I like to debone my own chicken breasts so that I can roast the bones and skins for stock later. I freeze them until I have enough to cover a baking sheet then use the instructions in my post on making Chicken Stock here.
Looking for more chicken dinner ideas. Be sure to check out this collection of our Most Popular Chicken Recipes of the last decade.
Like this Lime Cumin Grilled Chicken Salad recipe?
Be sure to browse the photo index of delicious dishes in our Healthy Eating Category.
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
For the marinade:
- Juice of 2 limes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the salad
- Baby spinach leaves
- red onion
- red pepper
- kalamata olives
- tomato wedges
- sliced avocado
For the Mango Lime Salsa
- 1 large mango, peeled and diced small
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Juice of one lime
- Zest of one lime, finely chopped
- ½ red onion diced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped jalapeño pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ red pepper diced small
- Toss all ingredients together well in a glass bowl. Let stand for about 2 hours before serving, stirring occasionally.
- Mix together all of the marinade ingredients and marinade 4 boneless chicken breasts in a sealed plastic bag for 1/2 hour.
- Grill or broil until fully cooked. Rest the chicken for 5 minutes before slicing and serving on a bed of spinach salad. Top with a generous amount of Mango Lime Salsa and enjoy.
- To make the salsa, just mix all of the ingredients together well and let sit for a 1/2 hour or so to let the flavours develop. Makes about 2 cups salsa.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 292Saturated Fat 2gCholesterol 72mgSodium 1011mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 2gSugar 13gProtein 25g