This is a very simple recipe that you can put together in a rush. Better yet, it is very healthy and vegan. Use a variety of mushrooms like oyster mushroom, enoki (golden mushroom), shiitake, straw mushrooms or any other edible kinds that you can find in your region. It must be exciting to try out this dish in the fall after a mushroom harvest!
This recipe is in my “Simply Pho” Cookbook amzn.to/2vQtSCU
1 tablespoon minced garlic
3 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/4 cup tomato sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
1 2/3 pounds (750g) fresh pho noodles
7 ounces (200g) various mushrooms, roots removed and separated or sliced2 shallots, thinly sliced
Salt and pepper
2 scallions, chopped
2 tablespoon roasted sesame seeds
1 tomato, sliced
1. Heat a wok on medium, add 2 tablespoons vegetable oil and fry the sliced shallots till golden brown. Remove the fried shallots with a slotted spoon and transfer to a small bowl to use for garnish.
2. Into the remaining oil in the wok, add half the minced garlic and sauté till fragrant. Then add the tomato sauce, soy sauce and sugar. Stir well and simmer for 30 seconds till smooth. Add chili flakes if desired. Turn off the heat. Transfer one third of the sauce to a condiment bowl to serve as dipping.
3. Separate the noodles with your fingers and toss with the remaining sauce in the wok.
4. In a pan, add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and sauté the rest of the minced garlic till fragrant. Add the mushrooms and quickly stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes. Depending on the kinds of mushrooms you use, you might add the ones that take longer to cook first (like king oyster or beech mushrooms) and then the others like enoki (golden mushrooms) or straw mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper and take off heat.
5. Divide the noodles into serving plates. Top with the sautéed mushrooms and garnish with chopped scallions, roasted sesame seeds and fried shallots.
6. Serve with the tomato slices and the dipping sauce as the side.
►Subscribe for NEW VIDEO EVERY FRIDAY: goo.gl/upfRRU (Click the BELL icon to get notified on your phone as soon as a video is uploaded)
► GET MY COOKBOOKS: danangcuisine.com/cookbook/
► If my videos have helped you in some or many ways, you are welcome to contribute to make it even better. I will use the funding to improve the video quality and hire more people to produce more and better content for you to enjoy. Support my channel on a recurring basis on Patreon www.patreon.com/helenrecipes
►If you recreate any of my recipes, please share a photo of your food on social media by inserting #HelenRecipes. I’m looking forward to seeing it!
Music from Youtube music library