A delicious, filling main entree that is high in protein, low in fat and goes great over Basmati rice (calories not included) and paired with Arabic Diced Salad (recipe available on SparkRecipes).
- 16 oz buffalo meat, fat trimmed
- 3 cups fresh okra, chopped
- 100 gram tomato paste
- 1 can chopped tomatoes, in tomato juice
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp meat tenderizer
- Salt and pepper
- 1 L water
- Olive oil, for sauteeing
- In large pot, saute buffalo meat over medium heat in olive oil. 2. When cooked through, add tomato paste and stir to coat. Continue sauteeing for 2-3 minutes. Then add tomatoes and spices. 3. Chop okra and add to pot, stirring to combine. 4. Cover and simmer on medium until sauce reduces (approximately 25-30 minutes). 5. Serve over rice or eat by itself.
- Serving Size: Makes 8 1-cup servings