Chop, chop-and it’s ready to eat! Chopped vegetables, smoked turkey breast, reduced-fat Swiss cheese, and chickpeas are tossed with a creamy low-fat herb dressing in this vitamin-packed salad. Use whatever combination of herbs you like. Basil, tarragon, dill, Italian parsley, and cilantro are good choices.
Advertisement – Continue Reading Below
- 3/4 c. 1% low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 c. nonfat mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. nonfat sour cream
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh herbs
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 c. chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 c. chopped belgian endive
- 1/2 c. chopped radicchio
- 1/2 c. cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 c. sliced radishes
- 1/2 c. chopped celery
- 1/4 c. chopped carrots
- 1/4 c. chopped sweet red peppers
- 1/4 c. frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 oz. smoked turkey breast, diced
- 2 oz. reduced-fat swiss cheese, diced
- Step 1To make the dressing: In a medium bowl, combine the buttermilk, mayonnaise, sour cream, herbs, lime juice, garlic powder, pepper, and cumin. Stir until thoroughly blended.
- Step 2To make the salad: In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, endive, radicchio, chickpeas, radishes, celery, carrots, peppers, corn, turkey, and Swiss. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
For a take-along salad, make the dressing up to 2 days in advance and refrigerate in a resealable plastic bag or an airtight container. Combine the vegetables the night before serving and refrigerate in a plastic bag. Add the turkey and cheese just before tossing with the dressing.