This Creamy Baked potato salad recipe is a unique and sophisticated dish but worth your time and energy. Potato salad is a very common and popular dish in Western countries, but this recipe is quite unique since potatoes are baked with oil and Italian dressing mix instead of boiled. This will surely be a savory and creamy dessert perfect for summer picnics! It is not only delicious, but also healthy. It is high in potassium, protein and carbohydrates! So, hurry and follow these steps.
- 4½ lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into ¾ inch chunks (2 kg)
- ¼ cup olive oil (60 ml) or ¼ cup vegetable oil (60 ml)
- 2 envelopes italian salad dressing mix
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1½ cups mayonnaise (350 ml)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (15 ml)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (15 ml)
- 2 teaspoons dried basil ( 10 ml)
- 1 teaspoon salt (5 g)
- ½ teaspoon pepper( 2.5 g)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder ( 1.25 g)
- In a large bowl, mix and toss the potatoes with oil and Italian dressing mixes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. While waiting, Place the potato mixture into 2 ungreased 13x9x2 inch baking pans.
- Bake potatoes, uncovered at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or until cooked.
- Allow the potatoes to cool then transfer to a large bowl.
- Add peppers, onions, tomatoes, eggs and bacon.
- Toss gently and mix thoroughly.
- Combine mayonnaise, vinegar and lemon juice and the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture over salad and mix gently.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve it cool and Enjoy!