This is a nutritious & pretty (colorful) Lowfat Chicken Salad. It has a little bit of everything…. of course chicken and nuts, apples, broccoli, carrots, green onions, and bacon bits. Add salt & pepper to taste. Low in Fat, Calories and Carbs and Very High in protein. VERY TASTY!!! Even my kids loved it!GREAT to serve at a party if you double or triple the recipe.Serve it with Reduced Fat Ritz Crackers, On Pita or On a bed of Lettuce
- 1 and 1/2 Large Boneless Chicken Breast Cubed (13-16 ounces)
- 1/2 cup chopped apples
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli floretts
- 5 baby carrots chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped vidalia green onions
- 1/4 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1/8 cup of slivered almonds
- 2 tbsp Hormel Bacon Bits
- 4 tbsp Kraft Light Mayo
- 1 pinch of seasoned salt
- Cook Chicken (Broil or Boil) for about 30 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool. While it is cooling: Cut up your apple, broccoli, carrots and onions and mix with all other ingredients in a bowl.
- Chop up your chicken and mix together well.
- Serve with your choice of: Bread, Reduced Fat Crackers, Pita or on a bed of lettuce & other veggies.
- Makes 6 1/2-cup Servings or 3 cups