Healthy Orecchiette Pasta Salad with Basil, Olives and Tomatoes. The fresher ingredients, the better in this Pasta Salad. A fun salad to eat as a side for dinner, lunch or bring to a Summer cookout!
- 500 grams orecchiette pasta (1 bag/1.1 pounds)
- 1 heaping cup kalamata olives (375 ml can)
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1½ cups artichoke hearts, chopped (398 ml can or 8 hearts)
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 5 stalks green onion
- 4 tbsp olive brine
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 tsp herbes de provence
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box. While the pasta is cooking, chop and prepare the tomatoes, artichoke hearts, basil and green onion.
- Drain the pasta and rinse it under cold water to cool it down.
- Add all the dressing ingredients (olive brine through to salt and pepper) to a small bowl. Stir. Taste test and add additional sea salt, pepper and herbes to taste.
- Add the cool pasta and chopped vegetables to a large bowl and pour the dressing on top. Toss until everything is evenly coated with the dressing. Garnish with additional fresh basil. Cover and store in the fridge. Serve cold.