A colourful Thai style black quinoa salad with the perfect blend of salty, sweet, spicy and tart.
- 1 cup black quinoa, rinsed well
- 2 cups water
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 mango, stoned, scooped and diced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup mint, chopped
- 1 birds eye chili, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce or soy sauce for vegetarian
- 2 teaspoons palm or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sriracha or to taste
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 1/4 cup peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes, toasted
- Bring the quinoa and water to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, until the quinoa is tender and the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Mix the quinoa, red pepper, yellow mango, green onions, cilantro, mint and chili in a large bowl.
- Mix the fish sauce, sugar, sriracha, lime juice and zest in a small bowl.
- Toss the salad in the dressing and serve topped with the peanuts and coconut flakes.