Marinate heart-healthy fish with spices and serve with colourful sweetcorn and avocado – vegetarians can use halloumi instead
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ tsp mild chilli powder
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 1 lime, grated zest and juice, plus wedges to serve (optional)
- 2 tsp rapeseed oil
- 2 wild salmon fillets
- 1 corn on the cob, husk removed if attached
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, stoned, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, halved, deseeded and chopped
- ½ pack coriander, finely chopped
- Finely grate the garlic into a bowl for the spice rub. Boil the corn for the salsa salad for 6-8 mins until tender, then drain and cut off the kernels with a sharp knife.
- Stir the spices, 1 tbsp lime juice and the oil into the garlic to make a spice rub, then use to coat the salmon.
- Mix the remaining lime zest and juice into the corn and stir in all the remaining ingredients. Heat a frying pan and cook the salmon for 2 mins each side so that it is still a little pink in the centre. Serve with the salsa salad with extra lime wedges, if you like, for squeezing over.