This is something I’ve been making for years but never thought to post. Tuna salad complete with shredded carrots, red onion, crunchy celery, sun-dried tomatoes and Parmesan cheese – enough to satisfy the even the healthiest of appetites. It is great for salads and sandwiches – I like it especially for dinner topped on a large bed of salad greens to make a filling – high protein meal.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna in water
- 1 small red onion
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- 2 large carrots
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes
- Drain tuna.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl – feel free to add more or less mayonnaise to suit your tastes.
- Use to top salads to make a healthy lunch or dinner, or between your favorite sliced bread for a hearty, healthy sandwich.