This salad is delicious, and provides generous amounts of protein, high-quality carbs, soluble fiber, and 80 percent of your daily requirement for folate.
- 3 cup(s) baby spinach, (raw)
- 3 ounce(s) chicken, breast (cooked), to 5 ounces, cooled, and chopped
- 2 tablespoon beans, garbanzo (chickpeas)
- 1/2 medium apple, McIntosh, or Fuji (with skin), chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) zucchini, chopped (with peel)
- 1/2 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 avocado, chopped
- 1 stalk(s) celery, chopped
- 2 scallion(s) (green onions), finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon nuts, walnuts, chopped
- 2-tablespoon vinaigrette, raspberry, reduced-calorie, up to 4 tbsp.
- Place the spinach in a large bowl. Add the chicken, chickpeas, apple, zucchini, tomato, avocado, celery, scallions, and walnuts. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and toss to coat.
- Serving Size: Makes 1 serving.