Get heart-and-brain-healthy canned salmon into your family’s diet with this recipe from Aviva Goldfarb of The Six O’Clock Scramble. See the full post at Kitchen Explorers.
- 15 oz. canned wild salmon
- ¼ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise, or plain nonfat or low fat yogurt
- 1 lemon, juice only, 1/4 cup
- 1 small bunch fresh dill, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 – 1/2 yellow or white onion, finely diced (1 cup), or use celery
- 10 oz. frozen peas, thawed
- 4 pita pockets, whole wheat or white, for serving (optional)
- Drain the salmon in a colander, retaining any skin or bones (they are edible and very healthy.)
- In a medium bowl, combine the salmon, mayonnaise, lemon juice, dill and onions and stir to combine. Gently mix in the peas. Serve it immediately stuffed inside the pita pockets (optional), or chill the salad until you are ready to serve it, up to 24 hours.