Yummy quinoa dish that is served cold and is great for packing for school or work 🙂 *NOTE* Can add some avocado on the top for extra tastiness! It’s high in fiber and protein! Yum!
- 1 cup Whole grain quinoa
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces (4 tbsp) lime juice
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar (entered as cider vinegar because red wine vinegar was not an option)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 16 large scallions (green onions)
- 4 tbsp raw cilantro
- 2 cans black beans (I use low sodium) (850 grams)
- 2 cans whole kernel corn (864 grams)
- Cook 1 cup (dry) quinoa according to directions and set aside. In large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, vinegar, and cumin. Add green onions, cilantro, corn, and beans and toss to coat. Fluff the quinoa and break up any chunks. Add the quinoa to the bowl containing the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately or refrigerate. Add avocado to each individual serving if desired (do not store with avocado).
- Serving Size: Makes 8 servings