Healthy high fiber/protein mouth-watering vegetarian side dish.
- 1 Can (15 oz) Black Beans
- 1 Can (15 oz) Butter Beans
- 1 Can (15 oz) Garbanzo Beans
- 1 Can (15 oz) Green Beans
- 1 Can (15 oz) Kidney Beans
- 1 Can (15 oz) Pinto Beans
- 1 Small Onion (diced)
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup White Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a large salad bowl, whisk together the sugar, vinegar and oil.
- Add the onion and all the canned beans
- Toss to evenly coat and place in large sealed container. Place in refrigerator and turn periodically to mix. Best if refrigerated 2 or so hours. Serve Chilled. If you measure them out by 1/2 cups you should get 17 servings.
- * You can also add bell pepper & celery and experiment with the ingredients using different types of beans.
- ** Studies show that if you rinse canned vegetables thoroughly under cold water for 1 minute you can reduce the sodium content by about 1/4