Easy recipe that’s fresh and nutritious! Low in fat. High in fiber and protein!This is great served over lettuce for a filling lunch or as a side to chicken or fish.
- 1 (14 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 slices onions, minced
- 1 medium tomato, peeled,seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine everything; refrigerate for at least two hours (best if overnight) for flavors to blend. Best served at room temperature.