Warm Shredded Carrot Salad with Carrot Greens. Great as a Vegan meal or a vegan side dish.
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- Carrot leaf greens to taste ( i used a small handful)
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch or 2.5 cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 3.5 ounces or 100 grams shredded cabbage
- ½ tsp. salt, adjust to taste
- Pinch of black pepper
- ¼ tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 tbs. sunflower oil
- Heat the oil in a large pan then add the finely chopped red onion and saute until soft. Add the garlic,ginger and saute for 3 minute. Next add the shredded cabbage stir to combine with the pan ingredients, cover and allow the cabbage to soften completely. Once the cabbage is soft add the carrot and carrot leafs stirring to well combine all of the ingredients. Lastly sprinkle in the spices and stir the vegetables well. Continue to cook until the carrots have softened, about another 5 minutes. Serve as a side dish or as a main meal with some steamed white rice, it’s delicious as a vegan meal or snack.